Wunderdog MLB Handicapping and Betting Strategies
The linemakers and bookies across the country get nervous come Spring. Why? They know that educated baseball handicappers have an unusually high edge on them.
Baseball Betting Strategies
The hardest part of handicapping baseball is keeping up with the day in, day out action. It's impossible to keep up with all the data in Baseball without some advanced techniques and systems. That's where I come in. As an expert sports handicapper, I put the time in to do the hard (and tedious) work for you. I track each and every game, trend, and useful statistic, so you don't have to. Check out my free MLB picks to see if they work for you. I think you'll be impressed with my analysis.
Baseball is a unique sport in that each series gives you a 3 or 4 chapter novel. The last chapter is oftentimes very easy for one to master prior to the contest, based on the results of the first few games. Not only will you get side plays, but you'll also receive total MLB plays as well, which are based on, among other factors, who will be the home plate umpire for the game.
If you're looking for a MLB betting strategy, consider utilizing MLB computer picks as they can provide valuable insights and predictions for MLB games.
What makes a great baseball handicapper?
Betting on baseball can be extremely profitable as there is tremendous line value. In baseball games, on any given night, the best team can lose to the worst team with a greater frequency than any other sport.
Baseball Handicapping - Some Expert Advice:
- Look for profitable situations. In baseball, there are certain situations which provide the bettor an advantage. Sometimes the stats line up the right way in which you get a team that has enough of an advantage in nearly every important category. Other times, you can catch a team in the right situation (better teams going for the sweep, fading very poor road teams after a road win, etc).
- Pay special attention to the bullpens. In today's age when most starters don't last much past the sixth inning, bullpens become the most important factor in MLB baseball betting. The lines on baseball games are mostly established by the starting pitchers, but the bullpens pitch a third of the games. Look to bet against an overworked bullpen and to play on teams with solid and rested pens.
- Focus on the right stats. Baseball can be a game of statistics and it can be very confusing. The stats that matter most to us are: team won/loss record with starting pitcher, starting pitchers WHIP (walks + hits divided by innings pitched), team batting average verse right and left-handed pitchers, day/night statistics and bullpen earned run average.
- Be careful about the games that the Public is on. Vegas is in business because it makes money off losers. Which side would you rather be on, the minority (with the bookmakers) or with Joe Public of which 90% lose over the test of time? The Yankees, in particular, lay more wood than they should nearly every game.
- Play the different "seasons." The baseball season is very long, spanning nine seven months. Not all months are equal. There are distinct "seasons" within each season. In April and May, MLB underdogs generally rule the roost as favorites are overrated by the bookmakers. In June and July, we see more of a mix and things again change as the season winds down. Know which sub-season you are in and bet accordingly.
- Shop the lines. There are wide price variations on games, and over the course of a season, getting the best possible MLB lines will save, and or make you significant money. Playing baseball on a 10-cent line is a must. Each book will have different lines because they are trying to balance their action evenly. You have to take advantage of this if you are serious about making money on baseball.
- Check out the parlays. Playing 2-team parlays in baseball can be beneficial to reduce the high juice of favorites. Avoid playing 3-team or more parlays as the books cut increases significantly. This is the only time that I recommend parlays, and I highly recommend only experienced baseball bettors use parlays.
Making Money in the MLB
The bottom line in baseball is that information and patience pay off. For the patient informed better, gambling on America’s pastime can pay off higher than playing any other sport. Make sure you have to take a long-term view (don't get too upset if you have a losing day and don't get too excited if you have a winning day).